Thursday, March 10, 2016

Klosterman "What you say..." Reflection

            Klosterman talks about what the most evil thing a person can do is. After reading this I began to flood my mind with a myriad of terrible and evil things that I know of. Once I returned from my thoughts I saw that Klosterman attributed tying a woman up to the train tracks to be the most evil something a person can do. At first I was apprehensive to this statement, however once he explained his reasoning it made sense. When people would think of evil they would see a man with a mustache and goatee tying a damsel to the train tracks while awaiting her inevitable demise. A lot of times there are grey areas when classifying a certain act as evil. This however was an exception. I doubt many people would deny the fact that tying a woman to the train tracks would be considered evil. We have been conditioned to believing this and therefore we all see it as an evil act.

            Another interesting thing Klosterman brought up was how one act can tarnish a rather spotless if not revered record. Often times with a person who lives in the spotlight doing good, there are those who look endlessly for their flaws. In addition to being in the spotlight they are also under a microscope so when you slip up at all we all know and through the microscope it is a huge deal. I found it interesting because it seemed like the more people you influence the closer people look at you. For the average college student, if you were caught drinking while underage it wouldn’t ruin your entire college career. Now if this student were a famous celebrity this could potentially ruin his entire career. When a person is placed so high up, the fall down is devastating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment